The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
One of the biggest sales of the year is here. This is the only sale where BRAND NEW Fall items can be scored for a lower cost before the season even starts. Many things sell out quickly. I would recommend buying what you like, and return later since there are free returns. Click below to see my sale picks!
My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Story
I have shopped this sale for a very long time. I remember being a little nugget and getting in the car to head to Oakbrook with my Grandma. We would have the best day shopping, grabbing lunch, and playing dress up in the dressing room.
How I Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
We always invested in basics, and then there was usually one splurge of an item that was our “special treat”. I have carried these same habits into my young adult life. Whenever I shop the sale now, I look for basics, and a few investment pieces.
Unfortunately, I don’t often make it to Oakbrook anymore for the sale. We have found that the selection is slim and the crowds can be overwhelming. I have always found the most success by shopping online.
Let’s Get Started with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks of 2019
I hope you are successful my shopping through my Anniversary Sale picks! I organized this post in order of the categories that I think are most applicable to all of you.
Each graphic has my favorite items. There is a number next to each item that corresponds to the number linked below the image. This hyper-linked number is how you can access the product page on Nordstrom’s website.
THE BEST OF WOMEN’S CLOTHING
1. These leggings run true to size. I love that they are not see through. They are even thick enough to look nice with a tunic and tall boots for a night out.
2. I have been dying for a Barefoot Dreams cardigan and I can not wait to get my hands on this one. I love the tapered front detailing.
3. This cardigan will sell out. I am in need of a major cardigan refresh. I am so excited to add this color block one into my mix.
4. A Barbour coat is a CLASSIC, preppy coat. Clearly, you know I am all about it! This is my splurge item.
5. I love these basic V-necks for layering. Available in about 4 other colors too!
6. These leggings are the same brand as #1. I love to work out in the cropped leggings. They do not slip down. They run true to size.
7. The most comfortable jeans ever are on sale! I own this style in two different washes. You can size down for a more fitted look. Order your regular size for a loose and relaxed fit.
8. I am dying to get my hands on these pajamas. Everyone raves about them. I will wear this through the end of Summer.
9. I like this basic cami for layering. It is available in 4 other colors and patterns.
10. These are the same brand PJs as #8. I am excited to order these too because I will wear them through winter.
THE BEST OF WOMEN’S SHOES
1. All white gym shoes are my favorite. I am in desperate need of a new pair. I am really torn between these and #4.
2. These are Borne, which are some of the most comfortable shoes ever! Great for Fall at the office.
3. These are a great bootie for winter because they have a rugged bottom for traction and they are waterproof!
4. I love these. Reference #1 to see my dilemma.
5. Loafers and Mules are in this coming Fall and winter. Add a the cheetah print to them and they are the perfect trendy, but classic shoe for this year.
6. I love how chic these booties look. You can definitely dress they up and wear them with winter white.
7. Order true to size. They will hit you just below the knee and can fit a jegging into them.
8. These boots hit just below the knee and are waterproof!
9. If I was going to splurge on boots, I would splurge on these. I am swooning over them.
10. I like these little booties for Fall. You do NOT need to wear a sick with them. You would wear a skinny jean that just hit right above your ankle. These are also waterproof!
THE BEST OF WOMEN’S ACCESSORIES
1. I have been eyeing this ring for a couple of weeks. I think it is time to finally pull the trigger.
2. If you are looking for a bag to splurge on, this would be my pick. It is perfect for everyday!
3. I saw this cashmere wrap last season. I was dying for it, but could not justify the price. Now that is is on sale and back for this year, it is time to pull the trigger! It can be worn as a wrap or as a scarf.
4. Every girl needs a dainty gold hoop. These are perfect.
5. Nordstrom’s studs are some of my favorite. I love the pave style for a dressier look.
6. This is another wrap that is going to look beautiful this Fall and Winter. I like the arm holes on this one.
7. I bought this scarf last season and wore it all the time. Take advantage of it being on sale!
8. If you need a trendy bag for this winter, this bag is the winner!
9. My absolute favorite studs that I wear everyday. I always lose them so I think I buy a new pair every Anniversary sale. Oops.
10. I love this bag! You can’t beat the price either.
THE BEST OF BEAUTY
1. I rave about this Anastasia brow pencil on my stories all the time. This due will give you a perfect brow look in about 2 minutes!
2. This is my FAVORITE sunless tanner. I have showed you my results on my Instagram stories. You are not left looking orange at all. You have a beautiful, natural glow when you are finished with this. You can get it in the express formula (sets in 3 hours) or the regular formula (sets un about 8 hours).
3. I love stocking up on Beautyblenders during the sale. They are my lifesaver when applying foundation and concealer.
4. Kopari is a clean beauty brand! I have liked a lot of their products. If you are looking to try a few new clean products, this is a great set to invest in.
5. Pillow Talk from Charlotte Tilbury was one of the first lipsticks I fell in love with when I was younger and I still love it to this day. I think it looks great on everyone.
6. This is the perfume I wear everyday! I always get compliments.
7. If you are looking for give a clean and safer sunscreen a try, grab this Supergoop! set.
8. This is the magical product that everyone swears by when looking to grow their eyelashes. I think I am finally going to give it a try.
9. Oribe hair products are supposed to be the “gold standard”. I need to know what all the buzz is, so I am giving this set a try.
10. These are all my favorite drybar products! Perfect if you are looking for a new hairspray or dry shampoo. Plus, you can keep these for travel too.
THE BEST OF MEN
1. Every guy needs a cashmere v-neck sweater for Fall and Winter events.
2. I think this vest looks sharp for Fall. Plus, it is Barbour. It will withstand the test of time.
3. This is another Barbour jacket! Reference what I said in #2.
4. If a guy needs a casual, throw on jacket, this is an awesome option.
5. Classic golf polos are always in demand. You can’t beat the price on these. There are other classic colors available too.
6. I buy these for Tim every year. Every guy beats on their Sperry Topsiders. I am grabbing these while they are on sale and I will give them to Tim when he needs them!
7. I love the light grey and white gingham. This looks great on men with light or dark features in Fall and Winter.
8. A pair of loafers is a closet staple for a guy. He can wear these to work and dinner.
THE BEST OF HOME
1. The price on this candle is way too good to beat. I love large candles. The Anthropologie candles usually sell out. Grab one for you and one to keep in a safe stop for when you need a last minute gift!
2. This blanket was a huge hit at Christmas. I bought it and can’t believe how soft it is. I even gave them as a couple of Christmas presents. I love all the Fall colors available right now.
3. Coasters are a great gift! Maybe you just recently moved. These coasters are trendy and chic. I love them.
4. This blanket will sell out no questions asked! They are the SOFTEST blankets ever. If you don’t want a light color, there are darker colors also available.
5. I love these candle sets. When you burn them fully, they make cute jars for your room to hold change, makeup brushes, and jewelry too.
6. A wine rack is a must and I love the gold!
7. I could never live without a down comforter. If you are moving soon or in the market for a new comforter, I highly recommend this one!
8. I think these gold cheese knives are modern and would make a really nice hostess gift.
I hope you loved all of my picks! I will not be adding anymore anniversary sale posts to the blog. These were all of my initial picks, so I am going to keep it at this.
Many of these items will sell out! Don’t forget Nordstrom has free returns and you can return anything before you have to pay your card’s bill. It is worth purchasing now and deciding once you get everything at home what should go back.
Comment below what your favorite item is in the sale!
Thank you for supporting Classically Clad.